Is what I was asked at a 'Hat & Glove' Tea my mother's church held yesterday. When my sister asked me if I wanted to attend, I said 'yes' thinking it would be your average, boring tea.
My thoughts were not far from the truth, but I did enjoy it. It did not offer much 'entertainment' as in many, long quiet moments.
As I walked in, I was greeted and ushered to a seat a table that was dressed in a lace table cloth. Of course, there were pretty centerpieces on each table with the tea cups and various saucers. The ladies that attended varied from as young as thirteen to late 80s. I was happy that I was not the youngest one there!
In trying to find something to wear, I decided on this light blue, aqua-ish color dress I purchased from Target last year. I paired it with this straw hat with a black ribbon around the top of the hat. I decided not to wear gloves.
Although this tea was not what I expected, I do plan to attend any other teas that I am invited to. As I sat there and thought about the concept, it was make the perfect baby shower theme if I was pregnant with a little girl...
love teas...we know this older lady that we know that makes the best teas ever! sounds like a fun afternoon!
ReplyDeleteyou look gorgeous! love the hat and the color looks great against your skin ... i agree, a tea party would be the perfect theme for a bridal shower ... hmmm, ideas, ideas! :)
ReplyDelete